If 2020 taught us anything, it’s that having some money set aside in case of an emergency is a game-changer. The annual Penny Challenge reinforces and develops healthy savings habits in a way that doesn’t make you feel like you have to survive on ramen just to save a few coins. If you haven’t done the Penny Challenge before, here are 5 reasons you should join us this year.
5 Reasons To Join The Penny Challenge This Year
- Count your coins (literally) – To be honest, our dollar is in a struggle so this is a way for you to collect precious metal in the imaginary “coin shortage”.
- Shift your mindset – This is proof that you don’t have to wait for a big raise or your tax return to get started saving (although you should plan for that too). Small daily changes give you momentum for life long habits that will create big wins.
- Cash Motivation – The best way to avoid overspending is to use a cash budget for your daily expenses. Needing change to put in your bank at the end of the day will motivate you to keep cash in hand instead of swiping your card.
- Keep It Clean – You finally have a reason to clean out all your old purses, dig around under your car seats and between couch cushions. Every penny, nickel, dime, and quarter you find is a bonus for you.
- Family Fun – This is something the whole family can get involved in. Everyone can create their own Vision Bank® to keep their coins in. The kids will be excited every time they find a random quarter on the ground. The mister will have a reason to dump all that change out of his pockets for once.
By the end of this challenge, you’ll have saved over $650, which is enough to get you to our next Perfect Vision Retreat or a few days away. And as a bonus reason to jump in, it’s easy. We are talking pennies here. On day 1 you save a single penny. On day 365 you save $3.65.
Get Started, Join The Penny Challenge
To get started, join our Facebook Tribe to get the free Penny Challenge chart or if you have the JumpStart Planner you already have the chart and a daily tracker for each month. If you still have questions, watch Coach Bee explain how it works here.
You can do this! How much will you save?